Brushes are essential tools that you will need to have in order to achieve good results with your makeup application. Unless you are a makeup artist, you do not need more than 5 brushes in your makeup bag. I strongly recommend buying brushes from either Sephora or M.A.C. I know that they can be pricey but please ladies, do not think twice about investing in them as they will give you the best application and last for a lifetime.
- Shader brush # 242: I like using this brush to apply my eye color base and the color that goes on the lower part of the eyelid
- Tapered blending brush # 224: this brush is perfect for the crease (middle part of your lid). It will not deposit too much product on your lid and you can easily blend the eyeshadow.
- Medium angled shading brush # 275: This brush is used if you want to apply a darker color in the outside crease of your eye. It is angled and easy to use on the outside corner of the crease. You can use # 224 if your crease needs more blending.
- Large shader brush # 252: This is one of my favorite brushes. It can replace # 242 if you have a large eyelid. I use it primarily to apply my highlighter under my eyebrow.
- Medium angled brush # 269: is a good eyeliner brush. You can also use it if you use a lighter concealer as your highlighter under your eyebrow.
If you want your brushes to last longer, please buy a brush cleanser and wash them as often as you can! The brush cleanser at MAC is $10.