1. Loose, translucent powder: is very light in texture and is typically use as a way to set your foundation. It is better to use it on top of a liquid foundation if you are looking for a smooth finish. It will not be of much use if used alone as the texture is very light.
· Apply it with a big powder brush like MAC # 150
2. Pressed powder: will give you a more opaque coverage and can be used with foundation or alone. I find MAC pressed powders not to be as light as a pressed powder should be. I use it most of the time without a liquid foundation especially in the morning when I am in a rush. Use a sponge if you want more coverage or brush #150 for less coverage.
3. MAC mineralized skinfinish Natural powder: This is to me the best way to set your makeup. This powder is just MAGICAL!!! It looks better than the regular pressed powder on top of your liquid foundation as I find it smoother on the skin. I also think that it looks great on pictures! Get this one for sure!!! It comes in 8 shades going from light to deep dark. (I am a deep dark)
4. MAC mineralized skinfinish powder: looks great if you are looking for a shimmery look. It will give you a high frost metallic finish (see post “gotta have it” under “what’s hot” category).
5. The mystery powder is another form of pressed powder with a very sheer coverage. If you find the pressed powder heavy in texture, this is the best alternative.
6. The blot powder is a form of pressed powder that only contains about 4% pigments (at least that’s what I was told during my training…). It contains Mica and Silica to adsorb excess oils and reduce shine on the skin’s surface.
I hope this answers your question Miss Amina! Thanks for being such a good reader! :O)